Generator Sales & Installation in Omaha, NE
Electricians Inc. can help you find, purchase, and install standby generators for your home or business. From the initial consultation to visiting your property and determining the best place for installation, we’re your trusted home generator partner.
Your Trusted Generac Distributor in Nebraska
We only install the best home generators to keep our customers on the grid when the power goes out. Electricians Inc. is your certified dealer for Generac generators, the top brand for backup power according to 70% of homeowners.
- Runs on natural gas or liquid propane
- Permanently installed outside
- Automatically delivers power during outages
- Portable and mobile generators for homes and job sites available
Purchasing a Generator
What is the best type of generator for home use?
Depending on the size of your home and how many electrical appliances you power, you may not need a high wattage generator. We will help you determine whether a portable or standby generator is right for you.
What are the kinds of generators for home use?
There are two types of generators for home use:
- Portable: These are easier to install and generally cost less, but they run on propane (or another source) and must be plugged in and kept covered during inclement weather at least 15 feet away from your home. They require fuel to be administered and need to be manually shut off once the power comes back on. Portable generators range from small power inverters to 17,500-watt devices.
- Standby: Standby generators require installation by a professional and are more expensive. However, in the case of power loss, they automatically turn on, run self-diagnostics (saving you time and maintenance), and you can choose from a number of fuels. They also automatically shut off once the utility power comes back on. Standby generators range from 5,000-20,000 watts.
Electricians Inc. carries Generac portable and standby generators, which back up your entire home or just essential items in an emergency situation. For either type, we will install the generator for you.
What are the features to consider when purchasing a generator?
There are a number of factors to consider when purchasing a generator:
- Type (portable or standby)
- Power usage
- Transfer switch option
- Maintenance required
Should I purchase a generator?
A permanently installed generator from Generac delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your systems in case of power loss. They’re crucial for hospitals, schools, clinics, etc., but they can also be useful for residences and commercial properties. Whole-home generators can power refrigerators, electronics, light, water, and all of the other important functions of your home that you don’t want to lose during a power outage.
How do I purchase a generator for my house?
Call Electricians Inc., and we will help you purchase a Generac generator for your home. We offer free estimates for generator installers in Omaha. When you call to request your free quote, we’ll want to know:
- Does your home have natural gas or propane?
- How many electrical panels and breakers do you have? Can you provide us photos?
- What gas appliances are in your home?
- What is the distance between the electrical and gas meters?
- What is the size of your home (in square feet)?
With that information, we’ll recommend a home generator that works best for you and talk you through next steps.
For many businesses, losing power means more than losing productivity. It means losing information and data, losing trust from customers who are relying on your service and don’t have access to it, and more. We’re here to protect your business so you’re always up and running. We work with you to understand your business needs and help you determine the right generator for your company. As your commercial generator experts in Omaha, we provide the comprehensive installation services and the high-quality products you’re looking for near Gretna, Elkhorn, and beyond.
Installing a Generator
What is the process for installing a generator at home?
When you purchase a generator with Electricians Inc., you don’t need to worry about installation. During the consultation phase, we will help determine the best location for your preferred generator.
How long does it take to install a generator?
From the initial consultation to the final product installation, the process should take no more than two weeks. For the actual installation, our electricians can have your generator in the ground or set up in 14 hours.
Who can install a generator?
A certified, professional electrician. When you purchase a generator from Electricians Inc., you can feel confident that you will have a professional electrician available to make sure the installation is done correctly and safely.
Where is the best spot to install a generator?
Portable generators must be kept at least 15 feet from your home and in a covered, dry spot. Generators produce carbon monoxide, making them impossible for indoor use. For standby generators, we will determine the safest place on your property.